ECG members declare unstoppable resolve to stand up for Prophet Bushiri – Major 1
From: Concerned ECG Members
To: All sons and daughters of Major 1
Subject: LETS STAND UP FOR OUR FATHER, MAJOR 1
We greet you in the name of our Lord.
We write you troubled with increased spates of deep and unexplained hatred being directed at our spiritual father, Prophet Shepherd Bushiri, following an unfortunate incident that happened at church on Friday December 28 2018.
*HERE ARE THE FACTS
On December 28, due to unexpected thunderstorms, people started to run for cover and, in the process, panic resulted at the entry of the overflow of Hall A stampede ensued which cost the lives of our 3 members and at least 17 got injured of which 9 reportedly injured by the media.
Soon after the incident, the church—through the paramedics we employed—informed all relevant offices about the incident.
The Church took the 17 to the hospital and, thank God, all of them have been discharged now. Of the three dead, two have been identified. Both from South Africa, specifically from Pretoria and Cape Town.
The church has led in meeting all necessary logistics to ensure that our beloved are accorded the befitting burial.
We heard from the media that the police opened a case against our church because there are reports that the church did not involve the police when the incident happened.
However, our church administration has maintained its innocence and, as a matter of fact, has allowed the police to go ahead with the investigations.
In fact, the church, too, to show seriousness, has also launched its own investigations into the matter to establish the truth.
As some of you are aware, the church has even suspended some pastors because of this.
THE FRIDAY NIGHT PROTESTS
We were disturbed to note that on Friday, January 4 2018, scenes of street protests where a handful people were burning tyres close to P7, shouting xenophobic attacks such as ‘makwerekwere’, calling our father a ‘killer’, and, even worse, demanding that our father leaves South Africa.
• The church and the police are working together cordially and there is nothing, so far, to report of challenges.
• The church has spoken about the issue, made condolences and met all logistical needs for the 17 that were injured and also for the three that lost their lives.
• Our father Prophet Bushiri spoke at length about the incident during the Crossover. He underlined how concerned he was to the point that he directed a minute of silence in their honour.
• It is clear from this that the church and our father are on top of the incident. To mean, the protesters had nothing to do with the Friday, December 28 2018 incident but just took advantage of it to launch their attack on our father.
We urge you sons and daughters of Major 1 that our father is attacked not because of the incident that happened at church.
Rather, other church leaders, jealousy of our father’s success in the ministry, are using the event to move the state to close our church here in South Africa.
Further, as you can note, most of these people are advancing xenophobic chants against our father because they know he is originally from Malawi.
To mean, this is not about the Friday 28 incident but just the desire to close our ECG and send our father back to Malawi.
WHAT SHOULD WE DO?
• We want every dedicated ECG member and follower to spread this message everywhere so that the truth is out. Share it with your WhatsApp friends. Post it on your timeline. Even on Instagram and Twitter. Just everywhere.
• We want every dedicated ECG member and follower to stay awake and watch who is for us and who is against.
• We want every ECG member and follower to keep checking their WhatsApp for day to day updates on the way forward
• We want every ECG member and follower to keep to praying for our father and our mother so that they are strong in these trying times.
AS WE HAVE SAID, SOMETHING BIG IS COMING ON OUR WAY SO PLEASE KEEP ALERT.
SHARE SHARE SHARE!